Older operating systems are gradually obsolete, and developers encourage user transition to more advanced services, such as Windows 10. It is easy to understand how Windows 10 is installed on Windows 7 using a simple instruction. We recommend downloading OS and updates only from the official site to avoid viruses and hacker attacks.
How to install windows 10 on windows 7
Installing Windows 10 can be carried out in two ways - using the automatic update of the system, which periodically offers the laptop itself, or by the downloaded program with files.
Using the system update
Auto update OS will suit only users of the licensed version of Windows. After updating or the new OS, the computer periodically offers the user to install a new system for more correct operation.
- Before installing, make a copy of important files on the laptop.
- Go to the official site Microsoft and find a section with downloading files to update OS.
- Then download the specified files and select the "Install on this Device" function.
- Loading and installation usually last about an hour.
To reinstall the OS using net installation, you need to download the starting package. It is better to do this from a proven flash drive if your acquaintances already have a installed system, or after downloading the file from the developer's official site. You should not reinstall the system using files downloaded from dubious sources - you can seriously damage the configuration of the laptop.
If there is an additional free space on the hard disk (at least 200 GB), you can try to leave the old OS by installing a new one with it. So it will be possible to return to the usual Windows 7 at any time if something does not suit in the update.
- Run the installation program.
- Put the box next to "Select the options recommended for the computer".
- Then the image of the Operations can be recorded on the disk or on the USB flash drive. The files are downloaded for a selected media for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean the appropriate partition of the hard disk to install on it.
Rollback from Windows 10
If, after installing the OS start, do not respond to user commands, to hob or brake, most likely, the ability of the computer does not comply with the requirements of the software. The best solution will be a rollback to the initial settings - so, in which the computer worked without failures.
Each version of Windows makes peculiar save points, or recovery to which you can return without prejudice to key files or information on your computer.
- To restore, it is enough to go to the computer menu, the System and Security section.
- In the "System Protection" item, select the Restore function. The parameters of the programs to which rollback will occur.
- If you are satisfied, click on the "Next" button.
There is another way to restore parameters. Sometimes the computer does not make it possible to even go to the menu - for example, when the "blue screen of death" appears. Usually, with any problems, Windows independently diagnoses, and when the computer starts, the user appears a window with several additional parameters. It will be enough to choose "Restoring the System Image" or "System Restore".
Installing new software does not always go smoothly. Sometimes files are not installed on a computer or launched incorrectly. Several tips that can help solve problems arising:
- Remove the external equipment or change it - headphones, players, printers, cables.
- Free the hard disk space - if free space ends, problems may occur with speed and quality of work.
- Diagnose the computer using the Windows Update Center - it will help to identify problems and prompts the paths of them.
- Remove antiviruses that are not supported by Windows - can inhibit the work of programs providing leading functions.
- Delete the old software that can interfere with the correct operation of new settings. This concerns obsolete OS, no longer supported by Windows.
If after the listed actions did not change anything - contact Microsoft technical support or try reinstalling the operating system.
Reinstalling the operating system allows you to solve many computer problems. Wrusts, the consequences of the attack of viruses or randomly remote programs, the conflict of drivers - the net OS will be delivered from all these troubles. We'll figure it out how to reinstall Windows 7 or 10 on a computer - from a simple restoration of the system to full installation from scratch, including installation to another version of Windows.
If there are small errors after a computer after any action - download new drivers or applications, try to restore the system first. With it, all user data, settings and installed programs will be saved. Find the utility with the corresponding name of the search in the "start" or in the "Service" category.
The application will show a list of saved recovery points - select a date when PCs worked fine. Run the process at the end the computer will reboot.
On a laptop
Laptop manufacturers companies create their own shells to solve problems with the device. How to reinstall Windows 7 or 10 on a laptop: Reboot, to open the utility immediately press one of the function keys according to the table.
|Acer.||Alt + F10|
A recovery shell appears. Select mode - complete Windows Reinstall or partial, with data saving. Follow the instructions of the assistant, the operation will take 15-20 minutes.
Preparation for installation
If you need a complete reinstalling OS, make a small preparation. Save all files from the system disk to another place - usually this section "C", do not forget about the "My Documents" directory. At the end you will receive a clean system in which some drivers may not be enough. It is better to progress in advance and download the necessary - first of all, it is for a network card. With them, you always configure Internet access in a fresh OS, then download the rest of the drivers if they need.
Creating a bootable carrier
Reinstall Windows on a laptop or desktop PC from the image recorded on a USB flash drive or DVD. Just copy the file cannot be created, you need to create a bootable media with a special program. Use branded windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool, popular Ultraiso or Imgburn.
How to create a carrier correctly:
- Download the Distribution of the OS version in ISO format.
- Prepare media - pure DVD or flash drive from 4 GB.
- Run the selected program.
- In the menu, select the downloaded system image.
- Specify the media and start recording.
Setting up the priority of downloads in the BIOS
Before reinstalling Windows 7 or 10 from the recorded flash drive, set up the boot order via BIOS - the system must start not from the hard disk, but from a USB or DVD media. To get to the BIOS, while downloading a computer, press a specific button specified on the screen - usually F2 or DEL. On a laptop, you can set the order of boot from a special menu without entering the BIOS - for this press the menu call key from the table.
When the BIOS window appears, go to the "BOOT" tab, in the Priority Priority list, exhibit USB or DVD to the first place - depending on the prepared type of media. On points, move the arrows to save the F10 parameters.
To start the process insert the prepared media and reboot. Unpacking system will begin - select the language, layout and version of the OS. In the installation types, prefer to complete the stable system.
Determine the disk section in which the OS will be delivered. For formatting or selection sections, click on the "Disk Setup". If there is a reserved subsection in the list - choose another for the system. If a hard drive is more than 250 GB does not have divisions to sections, highlight 100 GB to install. Run formatting to completely delete all old files.
The system will be established in 20-25 minutes. At the end, create an account - enter your own and computer name, if you wish, set the login password. Specify the license key - on the laptop it is printed on the sticker placed on the back cover. Set update download settings and set the time.
If the driver on the network card has been successfully installed and there is an active connection to the network, it will be prompted to configure the connection to the Internet. At the end will appear WINDOVS desktop. Do not forget to remove the installation media and return to the BIOS to the first place download from the hard disk.
If something went wrong and the freshly installed system does not start, repeat the installation again. Pre-download another Windows distribution, clean - without additional utilities. During installation, do not skip the disk formatting step - this will ensure the complete destruction of all old files that are discarded to work.
Rollback from Windows 10
Go with Windows 10 to 7 is easy, especially if you recently updated the system to "dozens". The method will work if no more than 30 days have passed since the update and the Windows command remained in the system. How to roll back Windows 10 to Windows 7: Go to parameters in the "start" and select Subclause "Update and Security". Go to Recovery Click "Start" in the "Back to Windows 7" subsection.
If there is no such part or rollback passes with errors, try the NEOSMART Windows 10 Rollback Utility application. How to return to windows 7 with it:
- Download the boot image from the NEOSMART site, write it down on the USB flash drive;
- Install the USB boot in the BIOS;
- After rebooting, the recovery menu appears - click Automated Repair;
- Select OS that you want to return.
On a laptop, roll back to Windows 7 will help the factory image: when rebooting, go to the BIOS, open the "Recovery System" section and activate the return to the factory settings.
If these methods did not work, how to reinstall Windows 10 to 7? Use the standard installation of the system from zero by creating a boot image as described above.
We told how to re-put on a computer Windows 7 and Windows 10. You can quickly restore OS or a complete reinstall. In the second case, you will have to install and configure all programs again, but the PC will be delivered from all garbage.
The first thing you need to do to install Windows 7 instead of Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 is to configure the BIOS. To do this, you first need to go into it. The F2, F12 or DEL key is usually used. What I don't know. You can definitely see the instructions for a laptop or carefully on the screen when the computer is turned on. Usually there is the inscription PRESS DEL TO ENTER SETUP. On HP laptops, the F10 key is usually used.
Go to the Security section. We find the Secure Boot string and change the value enabled on disabled Change as follows. Select the Secure Boot item Press Enter and select Disabled in the pop-up window.
On some laptops, the Secure Boot function may be in the Boot section. Upload protection turned off. Now go to the Advanced tab and go to the System Configuration section by clicking on ENTER In the Boot Mode string, change the value with the UEFI boot on CMS Boot To save the settings, press the F10 and the Enter key confirm.
Now we can boot from the flash drive or from the disk to install Windows 7.
We are always happy to help you. SERVICE CENTER - FREE-IT-EXPERTRubric useful articles
The need to reinstall from Windows to dominant occurs infrequently. It is caused in most cases by the fact that the user wants to return to the previous OS. To reinstall Windows 10 on Windows 7, simply put, "roll back", there are two ways. Simple and complex.
A simple way to reinstall Windows Ten on Windows 7 is suggested by the OS developer - Microsoft. On the company's website, the description is placed in one paragraph.
Important! It acts if there are tens of 30 days from the moment of installation. Sometimes a message occurs up to 10 days.
While in Windows 10, press "Start" -> "Parameters" -> "Update and Security" -> "Restoration". On the side of the right there should be a line with the name of the previous operating system: seven, 8, 8.1. etc. Select OS and click "Start".
The name of the OS is displayed in the field marked with a red rectangle. Tens to the previous OS rollback occurs, in our case - to the seven with the restoration of the configuration. When the procedure is completed, you need a reboot.
Important! In addition to the period of 30 days there is another condition for a successful "rollback". It will happen if Windows 10 has been installed as the update of the previous OS.
But more than 30 days have passed since the installation of Windows 10. What do we do if we want to return to the seven? After all, the automatic recovery option is not possible, you need a manual reinstall. The developer's website provides the option to restore the initial state. In this case, the current system will be restored, that is, a dozen, and the return to the seven will not happen. Consider a way to get around the restriction in 30 days of the trial period of return.
How to reinstall Windows 10 on Windows 7 manually
So, the user in the "Restore" menu does not observe the lines from the previous OS. Explanations: Ended by the developer's permissible period of rollback, the files of the previous system in the Windows folder are automatically erased. Sometimes the user itself, deliberately either by chance, deletes the folder. For example, during the inspection and cleaning of the system from outdated data. There is no alternative, except for one: complete reinstalling OS.
The complexity lies in the fact that it will have to reinstall on Windows 7 "from a clean sheet", that is, with a disk image, as a new PC, a laptop. Do not forget that you need a license key to seven. The installation procedure of Windows 7 is beyond the scope of this article in which we consider return options from dozens of seven.
Return occurred, but the seven does not start - an overview of errors and solutions
Consider common errors that appear after returning with dozens of seven. Let's immediately say that it is impossible to describe all the mistakes, as it is impossible to group them somehow. They are individual, associated with video card drivers, a network card, even with laptop models, installed applications, etc. We give possible solutions.
Brake, computer hang, hard disk load 100%
If there was no such thing before, and after the rollback it appeared, you need to go to the "Task Manager" and analyze the download of the CPU, disk or memory. For this:
- Through the CTRL + ALT + DEL key combination, go to the dispatcher;
- Next, open the menu, as shown on the screen, view and turn off the most resource-intensive processes.
Important! It is necessary to understand what processes can be completed without damage to the OS, and which cannot be touched. For example, you can temporarily disable windows update, anti-virus protector.
Not launched video, not audible music, sound
Perhaps the codecs are damaged, reinstallation is needed.
No network, the router "is not visible"
Update the network card driver, Wi-Fi adapter.
The laptop is constantly overloaded, and the safe mode does not turn on
If, using the recovery and reset option, nothing has changed to factory parameters, try the following:
- Overload a laptop.
- Press F8.
- Disable the auto operation function in case of failure.
- Overload a laptop.
A blue screen will now see the error description, code and which laptop component causes this error. After that, "google", what to do, or seek help at a specialized forum.
After roll back in the scheduler, tasks are damaged
It is necessary to reinstall the seven through the "Restore" option.
"Fleeled" driver video cards, audio payments, monitor, printer, etc.
Coverage with accounts
A message appears about creating new accounts, although the user did nothing. Decision:
- Click "Start", choose a computer.
- Select C: and go to its properties.
In the field, as shown in the screen 5, select users with incomprehensible names (DWMs) and delete them. If you cannot do this in normal mode, you must overload in safe mode and try again. Recall that the "Safe Mode" is selected when the F8 key is pressed at the time of rebooting the computer. More method - through the command line: Net User Windows Manager / DWM-1 / DEL.
Important! Watch to accidentally not delete the current administrator entry or PC owner, laptop
Blue screens when downloading a computer
It is necessary to watch the error code and what causes it. Solutions look for on the Internet, on programmers forums. If at the time of the computer starts the blue screen "Specifies" and cannot be considered that it is indicated, it means that you need to turn off the automatic reboot in case of failure. How to do this, described above in the case of a laptop.
How long does it take a rollback for seven
Complaints are coming that with automatic rollback (in the tolerance of 30 days permitted by the developer), the computer freezes for 5 or more hours. At the same time the cursor is spinning, and on the screen "Restoration of the previous version of Windows". Usually rollback does not exceed 3 hours. Apparently, some kind of failure. Although this may be associated with a slow Internet connection, through which the OS drives up updates. Try to roll back Windows on the quick Internet.
If there was a unlicensed version of the OS, then when you return to Windows 7 there will be a request to the license key. To this you have to be prepared. Sometimes the license "flies" by itself. In this case, contact Microsoft Support.
Reinstall Windows 10 on Windows 7 one can once, putting in the term released 1 month. An unlimited number of times can roll back Windows 10, using the installation of the seven with the distribution kit: the disk image, flash drives. With all the associated charms in the form of a full formatting of the system disk, reinstalling the drivers of video cards, monitor, audio, network card, motherboard utilities, all applications, etc. This will lose documents and files on the system disk. Therefore, when returning to the second way, it is best to archive the contents or transfer important files to another medium.
Since the release of Windows 10, many have already moved to her, but not everyone liked. Some users have a question, like from 10 Windows to go to 7. Let's consider detailed instructions.
Built-in refund opportunity
Microsoft thought about its users, added to a new operating system the ability to return to Windows 7. For this, a number of conditions should be observed:
- After the transition to Win 10 should not pass 30 days. The user is given a month to evaluate the new Windows, decide to remain on it, or not.
- The user should not have deleted automatically created on the disk Cfolder Windows.old. .
- Oakat is possible only if Windows has been installed by updating, not a clean installation.
So, now we turn into order to go back:
- Right-click on the Windows icon, choose "Options" .
- You need to go to the section "Update and Security" , select "Restoration" .
- If all the conditions described above and the month has not yet passed, you will see the inscription: "Return to Windows 7 or 8" . You should click on the button "To begin" .
Note that after recovery, some applications may not work, you need to reinstall them.
Recovery with the distribution
Many have a question like 10 Windows go to 7 if more than a month have passed? You need to use the image. Perhaps you have a 7 Windows disc or a flash drive, if not, then you need to download Windows 7 and write to the media.
Create bootable media
To do this, you will need a special utility, for example, Ultra ISO. Algorithm recording distribution Next:
- Download the Ultra ISO application, install it.
- Next, you should run the program, click on "Trial period" .
- Then on the top panel should open the section "File" , select "Open" .
- You need to specify the path where the downloaded distribution kit with Windows 7 is located.
- After that, the shell will open, where you need to format a flash drive.
- Then the new window will appear, click on the button "To begin" , and then "Write" .
Next open section "Self-loading" , and there "Write an image of a hard disk" .
Install the operating system
We now turn to how to install Windows 7 from the flash drive:
- Insert the USB media to the appropriate port.
- Restart the PC and when the computer starts, you should go to the BIOS, for this, use the F2, Delete key or F10, depending on the bios manufacturer.
- There you need to set the download parameters so that the first is the first flash drive, and not the hard disk.
- You should exit the microprogram collection while saving changes.
- PC will reboot, and you will see a black screen with a running white stripe.
- The operating system installer will start. First of all, you need to choose a language.
- Need to agree with the license agreement, click on the button "Further" .
- The next step will be asked to select the type of installation, click on "Full setting" .
- It will be prompted to choose a section where the system will be installed.
- You should click on the button "Further" And the installation will be performed.
You will need to configure Windows and install drivers, as well as the necessary programs, for example:
Here, in fact, the answer to the question of how from 10 Windows go to 7 through the BIOS.
Where to download distribute windows 7
Download windows 7 64 bits
Technician on computer systems, middle-level specialist. Since 2017, the founder of this blog, in 2018 he graduated from training.
From the moment of release of Windows 10, almost 2 years have passed, but many users categorically accept the new system, remaining the faithful old woman Windows 7. If the "dozen" is installed on your computer, and for some reason you want to return to the "seven", this article - For you.
You can roll back the operating system to the previous copy only when the latter is preserved on the hard disk. If the car initially stood the "dozen" or the old system was removed, the transition to Windows 7 is possible only by clean installation. Today we will talk about how to install Windows 7 instead of Windows 10 in two common cases:
- You updated Windows 7 to Windows 10, and from the moment of this event there was less than 10 days. Prerequisite: The Windows.old folder is preserved in the system section, where all the files of the previous system installation are located.
- The former copy of Windows 7 has not been preserved, but you are ready to put it again.
Return to Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10
The ability to return to the previous copy of the system with saving user files, programs and settings, exists, repeat, only 10 days from the moment of the update (before the meditation was given 30 days, but for some reason it was reduced by 3 times this time). If you missed the Deadline, go to the section instructions on a clean installation.
During the cancellation of the program and settings, installed and made in Windows 10 will be deleted. You will get the computer exactly in that condition, in which it was before the installation of "dozens".
Before you go to the rollback procedure, Microsoft also recommends making a backup copy of important files in case of a possible failure.
Rollback from under the current version of Windows 10
- Load the operating system as usual. Open the Start menu and run the "Parameters" application.
- Go to "Update and Security".
- Open the "Restore" subsection and near the "Back to Windows 7" item, click "Start".
- Mark any of the reasons why you decide to refuse to update, and click Next.
- In the warning window, click "Next".
If the rollback is successful, after 30-40 minutes you will again see the Windows 7 desktop with all the shortcuts, folders, files and the rest, which was on it.
If after the update the system does not load
Even if when upgraded, a failure and the "dozen" stopped loading, you can still roll back to Windows 7. For this you will need a disk or flash drive with a Windows 10 distribution to enter the recovery environment.
How to get into it and what to do next:
- Connect the mounting flash drive or place the DVD drive into the drive. Restart the computer, go to the BIOS settings and assign a drive with the distribution kit the first boot device. How to do this, read the article about the clean installation of Windows 10.
- After the "Install" window appears, click Restore System. So you will go to the recovery environment.
- On the "Select Action" screen in the recovery environment, click on the "Diagnostics" item.
- Select "Advanced Parameters"
- From the list of additional parameters, select "Return to the previous assembly".
- To continue, click Your Account in the current version of Windows.
- Enter the password input to the account and click "Continue."
After that, the system will check the presence of a previously installed copy (Windows.old folder in the root section of the disk C) and, if it is, it will start a rollback procedure.
Net installation of Windows 7 instead of Windows 10
Under the clean installation of Windows 7, we understand the deletion of the previous copy of Windows 10 with formatting or without formatting a system partition. In essence, it does not differ from the installation of "Windows" to a new computer: you will need a loading medium with a distribution and a key to activate the OS, since the license is "dozens" of the inverse force does not have. And yet a small chance to do without buying a new license you have, if 2 conditions are met:
- On this computer, the licensed Windows 7 was previously stood, which you subsequently updated to Windows 10;
- The section in which the licensed system stood was not subjected to formatting.
The same conditions are important to observe when installing a new "seven": it must certainly be the same version and bit, as the old one (if the old one was 32 bit, and you put 64 Bit, the license will be invalid). In addition, during installation, you must save all data on the system section of the hard disk.
If the license is maintained for you, the edition of the newly installed system may be any.
How to create a carrier with a "Windows distribution" and how to upload a computer from it, we told in the article on the methods of clean installation of Windows 10. To record the "seven" boot flash drives, you can use the same utilities other than Media Creation Tools, since It is designed only to work with the "Ten".
To create a DVD installation disk, simply write to it downloaded from the Internet ISO image of Windows 7 using any suitable program (Nero, Ultraiso, Alcohol 120%) or Windows your own. When you select a second option, place a clean drive into the drive, open the context menu of the ISO file and click on "Write an image".
Installation of installation
Starting the "seven" installation process, as well as other versions of Windows, is possible in two ways:
- If Windows 10 is standing on the computer, which is normally loaded and running, it is enough to open the distribution and double click on the setup.exe file.
- If the "dozen" is not loaded or the installer in it for some reason does not start, you should turn off the computer and load it from the carrier with the distribution.
Further actions at the same time the same. Consider them closer.
- In the first window, which will open the installer, you have to choose the main language of the system, date and time formats, monetary units and keyboard layouts.
- This follows the launch of the installation process itself. Click the Install button.
- Agree with license terms.
- Select the installation type. Option "Update" (with saving user files, programs and settings), unfortunately, will not suit. It is possible only when a Windows 7 workflow is already on the computer, so choose a complete installation.
- Next - the most responsible: selection of the partition of the hard disk, where the new system will be located. If you hope to save the license, put the system in the same section where Windows 10 is located, and do not format it. If not, you can not only format, but also change the size of the section. Click "Disc Setup".
- To change the capacitance of the partition, click the "Create" button and specify its new size in the appropriate field. Apply the setting and click "Next".
- When the installer proposes to create an additional partition for system files, click OK. If such a section exists (and when re-installed it should be), this window will not appear.
- Now you can format disk partitions. If you skip the system partition formatting, the files of the old copy of Windows and all other data will remain on the spot, but will be moved to the C: \ Windows.old folder. By the way, there are cases when Windows is not installed without formatting. The reason is the lack of a free space in the system section.
- When you click the "Format" button, the installation program will warn you that all data on the disk will be destroyed. If you agree, click OK.
- Then you can rest a bit: copying and unpacking the files of the new OS, installing components and updates does not require user participation. This stage lasts an average of 20-40 minutes.
- After multiple reboots, you will see the window with the proposal to enter the names of the first user and computer. The account that is created during installation is executed by the system administrator rights.
- Further will be prompted to protect your password account. If you do not plan to use a password to enter windows, leave these fields empty.
- The next window is intended to enter the product key. If you have it (usually located on the branded label, glued to the bottom of the laptop), fill out this field. If not or you plan to enter it later, click "Skip". Also, do not forget to uncheck the checkbox near the automatic activation of the system when connecting to the Internet.
- After entering the key, the configuration program will offer to download and install Windows 7 updates. Selecting the "Use Recommended Parameters" item can delay the installation process for several hours - it all depends on the Internet speed and the volume of downloaded files. If you want to finish installing quickly, click "postpone the solution."
- Set the system time and time zone.
- Specify the current network location of the computer. You can choose any, but for security items to stay on the "public." Later, when installing the antivirus and the firewall, you can change this setting.
- Almost everything on it. It remains to wait until the "seven" finishes the use of parameters.
- Preparation of the desktop takes just a couple of minutes.
And now, finally, what you have sought: Windows 7 desktop. While it is completely empty. From what was in Windows 10, there is no trace, because you reinstalled the system completely. It remains to put in it programs - and you can start using.
In my laptop there is a Recovery section with Windows 7. Is the system reset to the factory state (Factory Reset) is possible?
You probably know that the return function in the factory state is present on all laptops and branded PCs, where the operating system is preinstalled by the manufacturer. It is enough to press the key - and the machine is a varnish-clean, as just from the store.
Factory Reset is a really useful feature, but ... Exactly until the moment you do not install the other version of Windows, different from the seventh. The location and structure of the recovery subsystem to the factory state of each new OS is radically different from the previous one, so Windows 10 rollback to the pre-installed Windows 7 becomes impossible.
Many users face a question: How to update or replace the operating system - the most important part of the software on their computer? Make it is not so difficult, however, here, as in any other case, there are nuances.
First, before any installation or updating of the operating system, you must make a backup - backup all the important data for the user, whether photos, work files, projects, or saving games. It is necessary that your files would be safe and preservation, even if something goes wrong during the installation of the OS. Backup copies are best saved on an external medium (a hard disk is suitable or a regular flash drive), but you can use cloud storage like Dropbox.
How to update windows 7 to windows 10
Official support for Windows 7 ended in January 2020, so it is better to upgrade to a newer version, especially since the developers of games and other programs check efficiency and test it most often on Windows 10.
In order to upgrade your system, download and run the official utility from Microsoft - Media Creation Tool.
Take the Terms of License Agreement, select "Update this computer now" and click the Next button.
After that, wait for the download and creating the Windows 10 media, and then accept the terms of the license agreement. Wait for the installer to complete all the necessary operations and click "Set".
The computer will restart and starts the installation. Upon completion, the user will be prompted to select privacy parameters. Adjust them as you need, and click "Accept".
This update is Windows 7 to Windows 10 completed. However, the disk still remains a folder with the old data of the operating system. If you don't need them (most likely, this is exactly the case), then you can delete them and free on the disk.
To do this, open "Parameters" → "System" → "Memory" → "Configure Memory Control or Run it."
Scroll down, check the box to "Delete previous Windows versions" and click "Clear Now". After that, unnecessary data will be deleted.
How to replace the operating system on Windows 10
Some laptops are sold with pre-installed Freedos. Instead of the usual Windows system. In this case, the manufacturer does not need to install Windows and pay for it, so the price of such computers is slightly lower. However, this system is not suitable for an ordinary user, which means that the installation of the system should do directly.
It also happens that the user installed Ubuntu, Fedora or another Linux distribution, but then discovered that his new OS does not satisfy all its needs or does not support the necessary programs. Then it is necessary to replace the Linux distribution on Windows.
Regardless of whether you have Freedos, Ubuntu, Fedora or another OS installed, the algorithm for its replacement on Windows 10 is always the same, so you can in any case be able to use the instructions below.
In order to install Windows 10, you first need to create a boot drive, for which you will need another computer with the operating system already installed on it. In Linux database systems, it is enough to open the terminal (in Ubuntu, this is done by the Ctrl + Alt + T keys) and enter the following command:
DD if = / path / up / image.iso of = / dev / sdx, where / dev / sdx is a flash drive to which you are going to write an image (most often this / dev / sdb). On computers running Windows, the easiest way to use the free RUFUS utility.
After successfully recording the image image, you must boot from it. To do this, insert it into one of the free USB ports and restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS boot screen appears, open the setup menu by pressing the Delete or other key, which is provided by manufacturers of your motherboard. After that you need to find the item Boot Device Priority.
In this menu, change the order so that the USB device is first in the list, save the changes and reboot. If everything is done correctly, the computer will boot from the flash drive and you can start installing the OS.
Select the desired settings, click "Next" and then "Set".
At the next stage, you will be prompted to enter the activation key. Enter it and click "Next", or click on "I do not have a product key."
Select the desired version of Windows 10 and click Next. Agree with the license terms, and then select the "Selective" installation type.
Delete all unnecessary partitions on the disk, then select an unoccupied space and click Next.
The computer will reboot several times, and then the user will need to select the region and at least one keyboard layout.
Unlike Windows 7, the Windows 10 user must have a Microsoft account. Enter the data to enter it. If you do not write, click "Create Account" and follow further instructions.
After successfully log in, come up with a PIN code.
Finally, the user will be offered confidentiality settings, as well as additional functions, such as synchronization with oneDrive or receiving notifications to the phone. It remains only to wait until the system completes the preparation, and can be used to use the new OS.
How to replace the operating system on Ubuntu
The familiar system has already bored, does not suit with its functionality or you want more space to configure your own preferences - reasons for installing Linux distribution, may be the most different. Below is the Windows 10 Replacement Instructions on Ubuntu - one of the most popular distributions at the moment.
First of all, you will need a bootable media. You can create it by following the instructions above, after downloading the image image from the Ubuntu official website.
After downloading from the flash drive, the window will open. Select Russian Language in the list.
You can install Ubuntu immediately, however, it is recommended to first try the new operating system before making any changes to your disk. If you are satisfied with everything, then run the program "Install Ubuntu 20.04" on the desktop.
You will be asked to read the notes to the new OS release and select the keyboard layout. At the next stage, it is recommended to check the box opposite a third-party installation item, which will allow the installer to download drivers for your devices not only from the Ubuntu repository.
The user will then select the Ubuntu installation type. Since our goal is to replace the operating system, select the second option, but do not forget to create a backup, and click "Set Now", and in the pop-up window - "continue".
Finally, select your location - it is necessary to set the time on your computer, create a user and click "Continue" again. Wait until the installation is completed and restart the computer. Now the new operating system is installed on your computer.
Installing MacOS on PC
MacOS is an operating system created by Apple and used on computers of their production.
However, it is possible to install this system and on a regular computer. Since MacOS is designed exclusively for Apple computers, its use is not provided on conventional PCs. It follows from this that the user may encounter such problems as incompatibility of computer components from the OS, the lack of drivers for the necessary devices and in general is not the most stable job of programs and the system as a whole. In addition, MACOS Terms and Provisions allow the use of the system only on Apple PCs. Therefore, it is not recommended to install MacOS on a PC, not intended for this; In most cases, the best solution will be the customization of the already available OS to its needs and preferences, or the purchase of a PC from Apple, whether MacBook, iMac or other device.
If all of the above problems are not frightened, you can learn about the installation of MacOS on a PC from this video, where all the steps are painted in detail:
Despite the fact that Microsoft has released two new operating systems, many users remain adherents to the old good "seven" and seek to use it on all their computers. If there are few problems with their own desktop pacs, there are few problems when installing, then on laptops with a pre-installed "dozen" will have to face some difficulties. In this article we will talk about how to change OS with Windows 10 on Windows 7.
Installing Windows 7 instead of "dozens"
The main problem when installing "seven" on a computer running Windows 10 is the incompatibility of firmware. The fact is that WIN 7 does not provide support for UEFI, and, as a result, the structure of the GPT disks. It is these technologies that are used in devices with pre-installed systems of the tenth family, damping us the ability to install older OS. Moreover, even loading from such an installation media is not possible. Next, we will give instructions for bypassing these restrictions.
Step 1: Disconnect Secure Boot
In essence, the UEFI is the same BIOS, but with new features to which secure loading or secure boot belongs. It does not give it in normal mode to boot from the installation disk with the "seven". To begin with, this option must be turned off in the microprogram settings.
Read more: Disable Secure Boot in BIOS
Step 2: Preparation of bootable media
Write the loading medium with Windows 7 is quite simple, since there is a mass of tools that facilitate the task. This is ultraiso, download Tool and other similar programs.
Read more: Create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 7
Step 3: Convert GPT in MBR
In the installation process, we will inevitably encounter another obstacle - the incompatibility of "seven" and GPT disks. This problem is solved in several ways. The fastest is the conversion in the MBR directly in the Windows installation program using "Command Line" and console disk utility. There are other options, such as pre-creating a bootable media with UEFI support or a banal deletion of all on the partition disk.
Read more: Solving problems with GPT disks when installing Windows
Step 4: Installation
After complying with all the necessary conditions, it will only be left to install Windows 7 in the usual way and use the usual, although an outdated operating system.
Read more: How to install Windows 7 from a flash drive
Step 5: Installation of Drivers
By default, in Windows 7 distributions, there are no drivers for USB ports version 3.0 and, possibly, for other devices, so after the system is running, they will need to download and install from specialized resources, the manufacturer's website (if it comes to a laptop) or Take advantage of special software. The same applies to the new "iron", for example, chipsets.
Read more: How to update driversPoisk drivers on ID Devolving problems with USB work after installing Windows 7
We figured out how to install the "seven" on the computer instead of Windows 10. In order to avoid possible problems after the process is completed in the form of the inoperability of network adapters or ports, it is better to always keep a flash drive with a top-end driver package, for example, SnAppy Driver Installer. Please note that it is exactly the Offline-image "SDI FULL", since it is impossible to connect to the Internet.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem. Describe what you did not work.
Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
Some users after installing Windows 10 after installing someone understood that on the previous version they were much more comfortable to work, so they begin to look for ways to go to Windows 8.1 or 7. There are several methods that allow you to return and re-restore the previous version of the OS.
How to go with windows 10 on windows 7
As with 10 Windows, go to 7. Basic methods
Compared to previous modifications, Windows, in 10 developers provided the ability to return to 7 or 8.1 versions if the new "Operation" did not suit for one reason or another. If a month has not passed since the installation of the new OS, the problem is solved as soon as possible, since the input tool has a built-in tool in the system itself. In the case when the term has expired, you will have to take advantage of other more complex methods.
How to roll back Windows 10 to Windows 7 using the built-in rollback option
To roll back Windows 10 to Windows 7, the standard way will require a number of actions:
- Press the two "Win + I" keys, after which the settings menu appears. Go to "Update and Security".
Go to the item "Update and Security"
- Next, "Restore" - "Back to Windows X" (x is the previously installed version), and at the end click on "start".
Go to the "Restore" section, in the right part of the window we find the string "Return to Windows X", under it click on the button "Start"
- Next, it will be necessary to determine the reason for the transition to the previous modification. This data will be sent to Microsoft. You can put a tick on the most appropriate version and click on "Next".
We celebrate the appropriate item, click "Next"
- After specifying the reasons for the rollback to the previous version, a warning will appear on the possible consequences of installation. After familiarization with all the recommendations, you can press "Next".
We read the information, click "Next"
- Microsoft will be grateful for the use of their products. To resume Windows 7, you will need to press the appropriate option in the menu.
Click on the "Back to Windows 7" button
When all manipulations are performed, the new update will be canceled and it will turn back to the 7 version.
Specificity of Recovery Windows 7 from the image
Rollback from the image is actually changing personal information on HDD filed files. For example, if using the "archiving of data", it turned out the creation of a local disk with an image, then in the case of an image setting, it will be possible to replace all information on the disk with the shanded information.
- Press "Start", in the "Control Panel" archive computer information.
In the search field, enter the "Control Panel", open the result found
In the "View" field, select the "Category" mode, click on the "Computer Archiving" link
- Implement the resumption of system characteristics or PC.
Click on the link "Restore system parameters or computer"
- Use advanced recovery methods.
Click on the link "Extended Recovery Methods"
- Now you need to use the system of the system (which was created earlier) to roll back to the previous version of the OS.
Click on the link "Use a system image created earlier to restore computer"
- In the new menu, the "Archive" item will appear and the archiving process will begin. As a result, it will be possible to archive data from all disks to which the system image is planned. If the information was scanned in advance, you can click "skip".
- Next, you should restart the PC.
- Select a user.
Select the user in the "User" field, click "OK"
- Restore system image.
Click on the link "Restoration of the System Image"
- Use the latest available system image.
I celebrate the checkbox "Restoring a computer using the system created earlier", click "Next"
- Press "Next", after which it will roll back to Windows 7.
Handle Reinstalling Windows 7 / 8.1
If the built-in rollback method and the figurative recovery does not help or cause difficulties, you can install the old version of the OS by using a license key or disk with the operating system.
On a note! Often, users unsighted independently eliminate the folder "Windows.old" located in the conductor (it can be changed). This folder contains all the information of the disk from the OS, which was before installing the new modification.
- You must go to "My Computer", then go to the local disk "C" and check the presence of the Windows.old folder.
Go to "My Computer", then to the local disk "C", check the presence of a folder "Windows.old"
- Next, go to the folder itself to familiarize yourself with its contents. The presence of the "Recovery" folder already talks about the possibility of restoring the previous version of the OS.
Check the presence of the "Recovery" folder ("Restore")
- It remains only to insert the installation disk (or bootable flash drive) Windows 7 or 8.1, restart the computer.
Insert the installation disk into the drive or connect the bootable USB flash drive with Windows 7
- During the download, press the "Del" or "F2" key, in the "BOOT" tab, set the "Boot Legacy" parameter, click "F10".
Go to the "BOOT" menu, following the "Boot Mode" string, click "ENTER", select "Legasy BIOS", click "Enter", press "F10" to save the changes
- Press the "F12" key and in the Boot Manager menu using the arrows to go to the boot flash drive or disk, click on this line "ENTER".
Move the arrows to the string with the name "USB", press "ENTER"
- After the Windows Installation window appears, click on the "System Restore" window, after which the automatic process of restoring the previous modification will begin.
Set the parameters, click "Next"
Click on the link "System Restore"
Using the Windows Utility 10 Rollback Utility
If Microsoft automatically renewed Windows 7 or 8.1 to a new version, then there is another fairly simple rollback option - a program called Windows 10 Rollback.
System rollback using the Windows 10 Rollback Utility utility
On a note! The program is written to the flash drive or an optical disk and loaded to the PC. Next will be scanned drives and there are available systems that will be able to roll back with WINDOVS 10.
Windows 10 Rollback Utility is considered fairly easy to use the utility, as well as popular because it has two useful bonuses. With the help of the program, you can not only make a rollback, but also disable the automatic update to not yet engage in the procedure after a certain period of time.
Among other things, thanks to the program you can cancel the rollback itself. To do this, information about Windows 10 is placed in a special directory and, if necessary, it may be possible to resume if the user wants to re-use a new modification with great functionality.
- Go to the reliable site and download the Windows 10 Rollback Utility program.
On a reliable site download Windows 10 Rollback Utility by clicking "Download"
- Use any special program for recording images, such as Ultraiso, write the image of the utility to the flash drive or disk.
Click on the downloaded file right mouse button, choose the item "Show in the folder"
Click right-click on the file, we bring the mouse cursor to the "Open Using" item, select "Ultraiso Premium"
Open the "Self-loading" tab, click on the "Write a hard disk image"
We highlight the loading flash drive, click "Write"
- Restart the computer so that it is loaded from the boot device. During the boot, press the "DEL" or "F2" key, in the "BOOT" tab, set the "Boot Legacy" version, click "F10".
Go to the "BOOT" menu, following the "Boot Mode" string, click "ENTER", select "Legasy BIOS", click "Enter", press "F10" to save the changes
- Press the "F12" key and in the Boot Manager window using the arrows to go to the boot flash drive, click on this line "ENTER".
Move the arrows to the string with the name "USB", press "ENTER"
- After opening the program, you need to click "Automated Repair", then the computer will start scanning for previous modifications.
Click to "Automated Repair", then "Continue"
- Next, the OS version is available for recovery.
Select the version available to restore the OS version, click "Roll Back"
- The rollback process will begin. After completion, it will be enough to restart the computer by clicking on the "Restart".
Thus, if 30 days have not passed since the installation of Windows 10, you can safely use the built-in system rollback tool. In this case, you will have to restore from the image, manually or using a special utility.
Video - Back with Windows 10 on Windows 7 and 8.1
Did you like the article? Save not to lose!