Not every person can go out in winter and admire frost and sun. For some people, both are connected with tears streams, a squaring nose and blossoming in the eyes of the world. Medaboutme broke up why winter makes crying.
Why do tears flow?
Tears are the main component of the tear fluid, which is produced by various glands:
- The largest tear gland is located in the upper corner of the orcle, in a lacrimal fossa - special deepening of the skull. It is she who reacts to various external factors (cold, wind, bright light) or on emotional bursts. In the usual mode, it does not produce tears.
- Two groups of small additional tear glands located in the conjunctival archway are engaged in everyday activity - ensure moisturizing the mucous membrane of the eye.
Where are the tears, wash eyes? According to a complex system of tear paths consisting of a tear stream, a tear lake, tear dots and lacrimal tubules, they are dried into a lacrimal bag, where they fall into the nasal cavity.
Normally, the volume of tear fluid is 2 ml per day. But in the state of "Tears Grad", this indicator grows up to 30 ml in 1 minute. In 8 minutes you can apply a whole glass of tears!
With a tear, which is also called "epiphera", it produces so many tear fluid that it simply does not have time to merge through all this special tear paths into the nose and flows out. Therefore, when abundant tears, we rub them on the cheeks and simultaneously ride the nose.
Winter cold and tear mechanisms
Not all people cry on the cold streets in winter. This is a rather individual reaction that, however, is not so rare. So, when such a person goes in winter to the street, several mechanisms are triggered, which can cause cold tears:
- Under the influence of the cold, the tear gland begins to produce tears to protect the cornea of the eye from the drying (winter air land).
- The minus temperature and a sharp wind in the face lead to the spasm of the tears and the lacrimal tubules. As a result, tears do not flow into the nose, but accumulate and flow on the cheeks.
- Some people have too sensitive to skin temperature drops. Due to the reduction of subcutaneous muscle fibers, tearing is enhanced.
- The I and II branches of the trigeminal nerve can also react to the cold, becoming another cause of tearing.
With age, the cold epiphara is more common and brighter. This is due to the fact that the muscles of the eyelids and the lacrimal bag in the elderly we are weak, therefore tears actively flow out.
Known and reverse effect - dry eyes in winter. This condition is developing due to reduced humidity in our homes, included batteries and dried ice wind into the eyes. Dry eye can damage the cornea. To avoid this, before reaching the eyes of the eye with a special fluid - "artificial tear".
What to do?
Not all people suffer from cold tear. Therefore, if a person has tears when leaving the frost, he should turn to an ophthalmologist. Maybe it will not save everything from epifi either, but will significantly reduce the scale of the tear catastrophe. Among the solution solutions:
- Examination of an ophthalmologist for the search for eye diseases;
- Cleaning the clogged tear tubules;
- Purpose of vocal preparations before entering the street.
Scored nose and allergy
Cold allergies, or rather pseudo-allery - another cause of tearing. At low temperature, obese cells due to the instability of the cell membrane are activated, which leads to the emission of histamine - with all the consequences in the form of edema of the nasal mucosa. As a result, the tear fluid has nowhere to drain, which leads to tear.
At ARZ, when the nose is scored, the situation is similar. In principle, the cold, on the one hand, can play a vesseloring role, that is, a man with a nose, coming out on the frost, begins to breathe freely. But in the active phase of the disease, this will not help, and the scored nose, again, becomes the cause of tears.
What to do?
Once it is about the emission of histamine, antihistamines will help to cope with cold pseudo-allergies. But before accepting them, you should definitely determine the cause of tearing. To do this, we must consult a doctor.
Cornea eye and ultraviolet
The cornea of the eye is, in addition to other functions, also with a filter for UV rays. There would be no cornea, the rays of the sun would burn out sensitive retina. In winter, the level of UV radiation is slightly lower than in summer, but white pure snow reflects 80% of ultraviolet on it. To admire the fresh snow on a sunny day - it's like to look at the sun, which beats in the eye with the intensity of only 20% less than usual.
If we are not talking about Moscow courtyards, but about the highlands, where the mountain ski lovers will go to rest on the winter holidays, then the danger of UV rays is enhanced. The higher the mountains, the thinner the protective layer of the atmosphere, mitigating the rigid effect of UV. This means that in Moscow on a sunny winter day, your eyes can be protected using conventional sunglasses. But when traveling to the Mountains should acquire glasses with a 100% sunscreen effect. With their absence, there is a high risk of a "snowy blindness" disease - photo geratitis.
In addition, some people have a cornea with high sensitivity to any external influences that can be strong wind, cold, etc. Most often it is a congenital feature. Such people should also use protection for the eyes, and besides, it is necessary to secure a good outflow of tears.
What to do?
If the problem is in the cornea, then the sunglasses should be taken, which effectively save eyes from the wind and UV rays, reflected by the snow, and also before reaching the frost to use vasoconstricting drops so that the tears were where to proceed.
- Moderate tearing when entering frost is an option of the norm. After some time, the body adapts to low temperatures, and tears becomes less. If this does not happen, and the paddle tears interferes with enjoy the winter, you should contact a doctor who will help to figure out the true causes of winter tears.
- It is impossible to rub wet eyes with hands, gloves and even a nose handkerchief. The safest remedy is paper handkerchiefs. At least, they will not allow infection in their eyes so that tearing does not exceed the real infectious conjunctivitis.
- Tearing is enhanced by using contact lenses and makeup.
Tear of eyes, causes and treatment
Ophthalmologists distinguish between two types of tears. Upon retention process, the passability of the tear ducts is disturbed.
Causes of this:
- narrow channels for tears;
- diseases, swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose - polyps, sinusitis, rhinitis;
- swelling of the tear ducts, the bottom bag (dacryocystitis);
- Hypertrophized tear nipples.
In the hypersecreator process, there is an excessive selection of tears.
- lack of potassium human body, vitamins of groups A, B;
- Wind, frost, foreign bodies in the eyes;
- Allergy to pollen, dust, medicines, food, cosmetics, household chemicals;
- Colds - ORVI or ARS;
- dry keratoconjunctivitis in patients aged;
- Inflammatory pathologies - keratitis, blufarite, conjunctivitis;
- Burn on the conjunctiva or cornea;
- Unclean or unsuitable lenses, glasses.
Treatment of tears depends on its cause.
Appoints his ophthalmologist after diagnostic procedures:
- When the passability of the tear paths is disturbed, it is restored surgically.
- If there is a tear pouch, massage is assigned.
- Other cases are treated with medicine - antibiotics, antiseptic preparations, moisturizing drops, folk remedies.
With the age of muscles, leather and fatty fiber becomes flabby and blame, as a result, there is a disruption of the tear apparatus. Pathology may have a different mechanism of development, but they have the symptoms are similar, and one of them is increased tear.
Table. Pathology in which tearing is observed.
|Pathology||Mechanism and clinical features|
|Change the position of the tear nipple||Due to the dystrophic changes of the skin and mucous membranes of the eye panels, it is compacted or extended and does not take part in the divertile function of the tear liquid|
|Changing the position of the tear||The reduction of the muscle tone leads to a phenomenon called the senile blepharosttosis - the lower eyelid is slightly lowered and turned out, as a result of which the lower tear point moves a bit. This causes increased tears, and a person, striving to wipe the tears, injures and pulls the eyelid that exacerbates pathology|
|Changes in eyelash growth||In the old age, the eyeball is slightly blossoming, the top eyelid wraps, and the eyelashes begin to irritate the mucous membrane, causing constant tearing. In difficult cases, this pathology leads to microtrams of the mucous membrane, the development of conjunctivitis, keratitis and blufarites - as a result, the pain, thread and redness of the eye joins the development of tears.|
|Weakening of the muscles of the tear canal||When atony (weakening), the muscles of the tear paths, the function of the release of the liquid is broken even in the absence of anatomical changes of the organs|
In the twist of the century
Toothing from eyes - disorders that cause excessive selection of tears.
1. Dry eye
The dryness of the eye, as a rule, causes reflex tearing in response to dry surface dryness. Excessive selection of tears amplifies, as a rule, under the influence of cold or windy weather, as well as as a result of influence on the tobacco smoke or dry heat. When dry eyes, there may be a periodic feeling of the presence of a foreign body in the eye.
2. Eye surface irritation
- Allergic or infectious conjunctivitis. Inflammation against the background of allergies is manifested by burning, itching, photosensitivity, by reservation and edema conjunctiva, and even a century. The presence of water-melting moisture is also manifested, the secretions in the bag as well as in the form of infectious purulent discharges.
- The inflammation of the edges of the eyelids is manifested by an edema and a century of the edge of the eyelids, itching the eye and the sensation, as if a foreign body got into the eye;
- Inflammation of cornea, scratches, erosion (loss of epithelium). For these diseases, general symptoms, such as severe pain in the eye, reducing the sharpness of the image and its "blurring", light-friendly and abundant eye redness;
- Foreign body in the eye. - The dominant symptom is pain that is accompanied by burning, tearing, redness of the eyes, the need to constantly blink, and sometimes impairment of vision.
- Barley on the eye. - manifests light-in-friendly, swelling, pain and redness of the edge of the eyelid, release (which comes out along the eyelashes or inside, under the eyelo).
- Primary glaucoma from the clotched glaucoma. - With a sharp attack of glaucoma, a very strong eye pain and heads appear in the area of the forehead and temples. Symptoms and accompanying are nausea and vomiting. In addition, there is a deterioration in visual acuity (the patient sees colored hoops).
- Inflammation of the vascular shell of the front of the eye. - In the acute form of the disease, there is a sudden pain in the eye, redness of the eyeball and the photophobia. In the case of a chronic form of the disease, the symptoms are less severe.
- Irritant chemicals;
- Cams of eyelashes;
- damage as a result of irritation of migrating muscles, for example, when irritating the facial nerve;
3. Irritation or inflammation of the nose
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) is manifested by heavy, watery discharge from the nose, multiple sneezing, itching in the nose, nasal concurrency, headache and inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is manifested by tearing, redness and itching the eye, as well as light-andased;
- Rinith - If the tear occurs during Qatar, this means that the cause of excessive tear secretion is inflammation (most often on the background of the virus) of the nose mucosa. Then the characteristic water-mucous membrane appears.
Tears of eyes in people who wear lenses.
The cause of such a state may be damage to the lens, which means that it must be replaced with a new, as well as its pollution or foreign body in the lens. Then it must be carefully cleansed by a special fluid. The best way to prevent it is properly disinfected lenses and do not wear them too long. If after washing the lenses, the problem returns, you should immediately remove them and consult with a specialist. Otherwise, this may lead to infection and, as a result, to eye inflammation.
The first thing is the doctor is, carefully polls the patient, paying attention to all disturbing symptoms. After the survey, the oculist conducts an inspection of the area of the eye, with the help of a slit lamp, thoroughly studies the skin tone, eyelash growth, etc.
With the help of color sample analysis, the passability of the tear paths can be checked. You can check their passive permeability by conventional washing.
Tearing is only one of the symptoms, so it is necessary to pay close attention to other manifestations that accompany the problem. It will help to identify the reason that it was provoked.
For example, painful sensations in the field of the nose will allow to identify the problems of the ENT character.
The pain directly in the eye indicates the presence of a foreign body. It may also be subject to it, which indicates irritation, for example, when displaced eyelashes. The feeling of sand in the eyes indicates problems with the correction of presbyopia, etc.
The more precisely, the symptoms of the doctor will be described more detailed, the easier it will reveal the cause of the problem.
Folk remedies for tears
Aloe. Recipe for the purification of tear canals and recovery of the mucous:
- Aloe Sheet Wash, put in the refrigerator for three days, get juice.
- Add as many honey, mixed thoroughly to completely dissolve honey in juice.
Put the mixture into each eye 2-3 times a day. In order for the folk remedy to be distributed over the entire surface of the mucous, after instillation, rotate the eyeballs in different directions.
Aloe taste and honey in the mouth signales that the juice passed through the lacrimal channels, has a healing effect.
It is treated in this way within a month. After a 10-day break, repeat the treatment.
Fresh droplets prepare in three days. For the convenience of storage and treatment, put in the used pharmacy bubble with a dropper cover, pre-pretty wash it and the lid.
Castor Metal. Recipe with tears from the Caster:
In any fat face cream add Caster.
Lubricate sensitive eyelids to relieve their inflammation - one of the reasons why the eyes will tear.
For the prevention of edema and inflammation, rinse the eyes with a decoction of parsley.
Decoration of millet cereals from abundant towers:
Take a decoction of millet cereals during the week before going to bed.
Broth of rosehip from tear:
Rog the eyes with diluted water with a decoction of rose hips.
- For the removal of inflammation and reddening the eyelid booing the egg.
- Spring sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Apply a protein to centimes.
Why the eyes are watched
The causes are different - in some cases, the problem of excessive outflow of the eye fluid is solved by replenishing vitamins B12 and A. These trace elements ensure the proper functioning of the organ of vision. When avitaminosis, due to improper nutrition or limiting diets, a person develops dangerous ailments - xerofthalmia. The disease leads to transparency and development of the inflammatory process in the cornea. In the future, the patient completely disappears from the dying of the cornea. Other reasons why eyes will get away, it is:
- allergic reaction;
- Seasonal exacerbation;
- nervous exhaustion;
- penetration of foreign particles;
- cornea injury;
- incorrectly selected contact lenses;
- viral infection;
- twist of the eyelids;
- huge pressure;
- narrowing of tear points;
- disruption of tear-produce production;
- age violations;
- diseases of the nasal sinuses;
- Pathology of the tear bag.
On the street
The auditorium is sensitive to environmental impact and its change. The situation when the eyes are watched on the street, is a natural protective reaction in case the visual organ just slightly moistened. When the lacrimal stream is not stopped, it serves as a reason for consulting an ophthalmologist. There are such reasons for tears from the eyes on the street:
- wind weather (mucousness is trying to protect against drying out);
- Visibility voltage with the sun, peering into the distance, concentrations on one subject;
- incorrectly selected glasses increase voltage when walking;
- Finding out street dust, garbage particles;
- Allergy (on pollen of plants);
- poor-quality cosmetics;
- lack of nutrients;
- canal spasm;
The child has
The eye fluid has antiseptic and bactericidal properties, ishes and feeds the cornea, protecting it from damage and dryness. The reasons why the child will be watched by the eyes, the same as in adults: when exposed to stress, influenza, ORVI, the ingredients of the foreign body, accumulating in the tear canal, the liquid begins to stand out. Moms should know that the child has increased tears to be due to other states:
- allergies (more often occurs in children older than a year);
- avitaminosis (lack of vitamins);
- The obstruction of the tear tubules (may be observed in a newborn baby in 2-3 months).
One eye will leak
With the "clogging" of the tear canal, one eye begins to get a path. If this symptom appears, professional assistance is needed, since ignoring will lead to the narrowing of the lacrimal channel. Next will follow the secondary infection subsequently developing into the purulent form of dacryocystitis or acute peridacryocystitis (phlegmon of a lacrimal bag). With an increased highlight of the eye fluid, not only an ophthalmologist should be visited, but also:
- ENT doctor.
Why tears tears from eyes without reason
In the normal state, the tear leaves the nose-to-wear canal. If the impassability of the tear paths arises, then there is nowhere to go. If the situation occurs when tears from the eyes are flowing for no reason, you should go to an ophthalmic clinic to diagnose the state of the ducts. Reaching adverse results of analyzes and research, a specialist will carry out the patient washing the tear paths.
A person's infection with colds is characterized not only to redness of the eyes and tear, but also with general weakness, ailment, coughing, a runny nose, increasing temperature. Why are there eyes for cold? The body vulnerable to disease is subjected to pathological changes affecting all organs, including on visual.
Not only eyeballs are involved in the inflammatory process. The surrounding fabrics begin to root: the nasopharynx mucosa and the nasal sinuses. There is a swelling of the nasal partition, swelling. There comes the closure of the passes to the sneakers, the difficulty of dismissing the mucus, putting pressure on the eye. The tissue of the nasal canal swells, its blockage occurs, and the only path of the fluid is the tear canal.
Eyes scratch and get out
Two unpleasant symptoms are evidenced by adverse effects on the organism: increased tears and itching. The reasons that cause a similar phenomenon are simple (they are easy to get rid of, eliminating stimuli), and more serious requiring treatment. List of diseases in which eyes will be sacrificed and will tears:
- Blepharitis, conjunctivitis;
The main causes of tearing in an adult
The causes of tears in adults can be clearly divided into external and internal. To external include:
- Increased visual load. During a long reading, the use of electronic gadgets and other loads on the organs of vision, tearness is an adequate response of the body.
- The foreign body, which fell into the eye, also provokes tear, which will be disturbed up to the extraction of garbage. If it is impossible to solve the problem independently consult a doctor.
- Incorrectly selected glasses or contact lenses. Select them follows only when you consult a doctor, an independent choice is unacceptable.
Internal reasons include:
Allergy. Strong allergens: cosmetics, pet wool, facial care products, pollen flowering plants. Often tearlessness is provoked by cornea injuries
In this situation, it is important to ask for help from a specialist before the onset of more serious consequences. If the tear is accompanied by a strong headache, then with a lot of probability it can be assumed that the cause of the tears is migraine
In this case, to get rid of tears, it is necessary to fight with migraine, it will allow you to get rid of unwanted discharge.
In some cases, the cause of tears is age-related changes. To establish and eliminate reasons to see the doctor.
Photo 1. Tearing of an elderly person. A variety of people at the age will tear visual organs.
Tears for thyroid disease
Increased thyroid gland produces a mass of thyroid hormones. They penetrate the blood, cause the development of thyrotoxicosis.
Diffuse toxic goiter (Graves - Basnedov's disease) accompany the violations of cardiovascular and central nervous systems, high sweating, rapid pulse, trembling fingers, hair fragility and nails.
The eyes are blushing and getting, inflamed fabrics behind the eyeballs (pooregility). Reduced visual acuity, tearing. The mobility of the eyeballs is limited. When looking down, the top eyelid is not closed with the bottom, bags under the eyes. On the face of expression of surprise or fright.
Endocrine ophthalmopathy - conjunctivitis, keratitis - sometimes discovering several years before the detection of the thyroid gland and appeal to the endocrinologist. The diagnosis of endocrine ophthalmopathy makes it difficult to similar symptoms with other eye diseases.
To determine the activity of the pathological process and the formulation of an accurate diagnosis, the doctor prescribes the ultrasound of a wrist, computer and magnetorezonance tomography.
Diseases for diseases and avitaminosis
The above problems can usually be easily corrected at home. There are much more dangerous diseases affecting eyes. Some of those are reflected on the whole body, such as pathologies caused by a shortage of potassium or vitamin B2.
In particular, people, the life and profession of which are associated with the overvoltage of the eyes faces such a problem. This is especially true for workers of intellectual labor, artists, lovers of books, televisions and computer games, especially if they look at bedtime. Promotes this and increased irritability, frequent stress.
Allergies and people with reduced resistance to colds are also included in the risk group: as a result of inflammation of the mucous membranes, the tear liquid cannot circulate in a normal way. This is the cause of tears.
Cough, sneezing, runny nose and pain can accompany the strong inflammatory processes of the eyelids and mucous eyes, redness and burning, provoking plenty of tears.
Dangerous diseases leading to blindness are: blepharitis, conjunctivitis, keratitis, cataract and glaucoma.
Blepharitis is chronic pathology, characterized by strong inflammation of the age, accompanied by the active release of tears, itching, burning and peeling.
Glaucoma is the result of the systematic variability of the eye pressure. Its jumps violate the metabolism inside visual organs, leading to tissue atrophy.
Keratitis is the inflammation of the eye cornea caused by mechanical or infectious damage to the tissues, their redness, increased sensitivity, tearing.
Conjunctivitis is caused exclusively to infection, itching is added to the above symptoms.
There are age reasons, due to which involuntary tearing occurs. In the newborn, this phenomenon can be due to
- dystrophy of the tear canals;
- atypical location of the lacrimal channels;
- congenital allergies;
- mechanical injuries (including, when rubbing her eyes);
- generic injury.
Tearing in old age has its reasons:
- The bent of the eyeball inside, in which the lower eyelid turns back, and the eyelashes irritate the eyeball;
- deformation of the tear papilla, which leads to a violation of the suction of the tear fluid and its increased products internally;
- the age-related change in the positions of the tears leading to the impermanence of selection of tears;
- Athony of tear tubules;
- ENT diseases participating with age;
- The use of eye drops is not prescribed, leading to allergic reactions and aggravating position;
- Infectilation of organs of vision, the elderly people are particularly difficult to treat.
Treatment is appointed by a doctor, depending on the identified problem of tearing from one eye. There is no common universal approach to solving this problem. The doctor may appoint drops or ointments, sometimes the question of surgical intervention is solved, for example, in order to correct the position of the century. Surgical intervention in old age is usually carried out more often conservative.
If one eye leaks due to an allergic reaction, an ophthalmologist and an allergist will prescribe a patient stabilizing eye drops from tearing, for example, opaotanol, and tablets, such as diazoline, alleron.
The blufarite is eliminated using local action preparations, for example, quite often patients discharge the thethl. Together with the use of ointments, it is recommended to undergo a massage course 1 time per month for prevention.
In order to treat the narrowing of peeling channels, the patient prescribe and washing the eye through special solutions. Mostly prescribe an antibacterial drug for washing - furacilin.
The treatment of dry eye syndrome is in moisturizing the mucous meadow of the visual organ. For these purposes, the eyepieces prescribe moisturizing drugs causing artificial tears.
The blockage of the eye canals is corrected by surgical way - the correction of the channel of the eye.
Inflammatory processes are treated with medicine, antibiotics and special eye drops.
The most "allergenic" time of the year is considered spring when trees bloom. But there are people whose body reacts negatively not to pollen of plants, but on the cold. In winter, such people have an allergy that can manifest symptoms from the skin, eye, ENT organs. One of the manifestations of such a state is cold conjunctivitis.
What is conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a common eye disease for which signs of inflammation of conjunctivations are characteristic. Depending on the cause that led to the inflammatory process, the following symptoms may occur in different combination: redness of the eyes, tear, purulent or mucous discharge, painful sensations, itching, burning, sensitivity to light. The most common conjunctivitis - infectious, they cause bacteria and viruses of different types. Also, some people face allergic conjunctivitis, which is due to the effects of allergen.
Features of cold conjunctivitis
Relatively recently in medicine began to apply such a term as "cold conjunctivit". His symptoms are similar to signs of inflammation - the eyes will be hushed, blushing, itching, in more severe cases, inflammation of the horny shell can develop. But the difference is that these symptoms are caused by non-pathogenic microorganisms and not allergens in direct understanding, but by the action of cold air and wind. Some ophthalmologists prefer to call such a form of pseudo-allergic conjunctivitis, since the real allergen is absent. But, if there is no stimulus, then why does the pathological response of the eyes arise in the cold? Experts suggest that the problem may be in the peculiarities of the immune response of a particular person.
Conjunctivitis as a manifestation of cold allergies
Cold conjunctivitis is essentially an unusual reaction of visual organs at low air temperature and wind. In many cases, people whose eyes react to cold, there are pathological symptoms and from other bodies - a runny nose occurs, the color and structure of the skin of the skin are changed. Therefore, often about cold conjunctivitis they say not as an independent illness, but as about one of the clinical manifestations of the so-called cold allergies. Until now, scientists cannot come to a common opinion regarding the causes and nature of its development. It is believed that allergies to the cold is due to the spasm of capillary vessels under the action of minus temperatures, which leads to a deterioration in the blood supply to the tissues and the development of the inflammatory process in them. It is also known that the proteins that are contained in the blood, under the influence of low temperatures, can be combined into immune complexes, leading to a specific body reaction to the cold.
Sometimes the development of cold allergies is associated with a lack of moisture in the body.
Be that as it may, but people suffering from allergies to the cold, its symptoms deliver many inconvenience and adversely affect the quality of life. Moreover, with severe forms of the disease, more serious consequences are also possible, up to strong edema, fainting and anaphylactic shock. Therefore, it is worth carefully listening to their body and, noticing any, even the slightest manifestations of cold allergies, immediately consult a doctor.
Especially attentive need to be that people who belong to the risk group: allergies, women with hormonal violations in the body, children whose immunity has not yet been formed finally.
What features to recognize allergies to the cold?
Cold allergies can manifest itself with one, several or complete complex of clinical signs.
- Any manifestations of cold conjunctivitis (red, itching, tear).
- Signs of cold urticaria (appearance on the skin of the hands, face, less often - the hips, belly and legs of small red rash; skin itch).
- Symptoms of cold dermatitis (crust formation, leather peeling)
- Edema in the area of lips and visual organs.
- Noncommunicable rhinitis, which occurs only on the street. The person suffers from the strong nasal congestion, his breath is difficult. A large amount of mucus is distinguished from the nose.
In some people with allergies to the cold, general weakness, dizziness, headache, feverish condition, nausea are added to the listed features.
People often have a question: how to distinguish ordinary conjunctivitis or rhinitis from cold, because their signs are very similar. The main difference is that any manifestations of cold allergies, including conjunctivitis, pass pretty quickly after a person falls into a warm room. For example, if in the winter on the street you will be watched very much, eyes blush and scratch, and after returning home, these signs immediately pass, then most likely it is an allergic reaction to the cold. If the symptoms of conjunctivitis are preserved in the cold, and warm, then we can talk about real allergies for some irritant, or about the infectious form of pathology. Depending on what kind of conjunctivitis you have, the designated treatment will differ. The same applies to cold rhinitis - if the runny nose passes after returning to heat, it is probably a sign of allergies to the cold.
Symptoms of cold allergies can appear already at a temperature of +5 degrees Celsius. If there is a strong wind on the street, then pathology can give itself felt at higher air temperature. Also, the reaction to the cold may occur not only in winter, but also in the summer - for example, when bathing in a cold river or after an eaten ice cream. You can recognize allergies to the cold not only on subjective sensations and characteristic features, but also with the help of a special diagnostic test. To do this, put an ordinary ice cube from the freezer and wait 20 minutes on your wrist. People with a normal reaction to the cold of pathological changes will not happen. Those who are inclined to cold allergies, a rash, blisters, redness, itching may appear on the wrist.
To test the overall reaction of the body to the cold, it is possible to carry out in a room for 20 minutes, where the air temperature does not exceed +4 degrees.
But still the best option is a timely appeal for the diagnosis of a competent allergist. A specialist may assign blood tests, urine, take skin and other samples, which will allow confirming cold allergies, eliminating other types of allergic reactions. With a cold conjunctivitis, in addition to a doctor-an allergist, it is recommended to obtain a consultation of an ophthalmologist. The latter will be able to prescribe preparations for the prevention or symptomatic treatment of conjunctivitis, give advice to protect the eyes from the cold.
Cold conjunctivitis - treatment, drops, prevention
Since so far the nature of cold allergies is not fully studied, there is no specific therapy. And yet, depending on the form of manifestation of the disease, the doctor may prescribe drugs for symptomatic treatment. Usually recommend in a couple of hours before going out into the street in cold or windy weather. Drink your eyes with antihistamine drops. In some cases, the doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory drops, corticosteroids and other drugs, depending on the shape and severity of allergic manifestations. If you diagnosed cold conjunctivitis, drug treatment can alleviate the symptoms, but the greatest effect can be achieved by compliance with prevention measures.
- On the street it is not recommended to rub or scratch eyes, for wiping the tears you need to always have a one-time handkerchief with you.
- Contact lenses can additionally irritate the mucous eye, enhancing the symptoms of cold conjunctivitis, so before going to the street it is better to shoot them.
- Sunglasses. In addition, they provide additional protection against wind.
- Women with cold allergies are better to completely abandon makeup, because, falling into the eyes, cosmetics will strengthen signs of inflammation. For those who are accustomed to paint every day and cannot go to work without makeup, there is a simple way out - take cosmetics with you and apply make-up after you came to the office.
These preventive measures will increase the effectiveness of the treatment of cold conjunctivitis and in comprehensive use with antihistamine drops minimize uncomfortable feelings in the eyes.
Treatment and prevention of other manifestations of allergy to cold
In the treatment of rhinitis and skin manifestations of cold allergies, antihistamine drops, ointments, preparations with anti-inflammatory, soothing effect can also be used. In prophylactic purposes, with poorly pronounced symptoms of cold allergies, gradual hardening is recommended. During the first five days you need to be poured with water, the temperature of which is about 37 degrees, and then smoothly for several days or even weeks to reduce temperatures up to 10 degrees. It should be borne in mind that hardening is not recommended to people with severe reaction forces to the cold.
As prevention, doctors are often prescribed a hypoallergenic diet with a limitation of sweet, fat, smoked and other products, which are considered potential allergens.
To protect the skin, it is recommended to apply protective cream on face, hands and other open areas before leaving home. In no case should not be used by moisturizing means, because they enhance the negative effects of cold to the skin.
It is necessary to dress the most warmly, preferably in clothes from natural materials, which does not irritate the skin. The face is recommended to bite the scarf and close the hood.
To warm up from the inside, you can drink tea or another warming drink before reaching the cold.
If you encountered any manifestations of cold allergies, do not engage in independent treatment. Incorrectly chosen drops, ointments and other drugs can harm your eyes and skin without solving the bulk. Only a doctor will be able to choose that the treatment that will be most secure and give the best result in a short time. In addition, it must be borne in mind that sometimes cold conjunctivitis and allergies to the cold as a whole may be indicators of other pathologies requiring treatment. For example, risk factors for the development of a pathological reaction to the cold are cortex, rubella, diseases of the thyroid gland, chronic liver pathologies and a number of other violations. Medical diagnosis allows you to detect these diseases in time and assign treatment.
Cold conjunctivitis is one of the forms of manifestation of allergies to the cold and is accompanied by abundant selection of tears, redness and irritation of the eyes at low temperatures. What is due to this condition, how to treat it with the help of antihistamine droplets and other methods, the doctors will be prompted - an allergist and an ophthalmologist. A good result gives competent prevention of cold conjunctivitis.
When the eye in the street in the cold season will be watched, it gives physical and psychological discomfort. The eyes from tears can blush, women can spoil makeup, besides, because of the cold, it also begins to flow from the nose. In general, pleasant little. Figure out what the reason is this phenomenon AiF.Ru helped Head of the Department of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery with a course of ophthalmology FPK MR RUDN Dmitry Davydov, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences .
"The causes of tearing in the frost can be a lot. One of them is a spasm of tears - top and bottom - due to frost. Therefore, the whole volume of moisture, which stands out in the norm, is more difficult to pass the path and get into the nose. Indeed, in the norm, the tear is leaking through the lacrimal points and the system of the lacrimal tubules into the lacrimal bag and then through the tear-nasal canal goes under the lower nose sink in the nose and throat. And during the spasm it does not work, "says the expert. Such spasm is a natural eyelid reaction to the cold. Normally, he quickly passes.
"If this spasm passes after a while, then the complaint about tearing in the cold gradually leaves. Because there is a dynamic balancing between the inflow and the outflow of tears, "adds Dmitry Davydov.
If a person has some problems with eyes, then in this case, tear is not going anywhere.
"With a pathological condition in a tear system, the influx of tears prevails over its outflow, respectively, the tear is delayed, and the tear complaints are preserved, regardless of the temperature on the street, there is a frost or not," the expert emphasizes.
"Another reason is age. Over the years, the person changes tears. It depends on the hormonal background, and from the biochemical composition of tears and blood. This largely concerns women after the onset of Klimaks. The composition of tears changes, and the so-called "dry eye syndrome" occurs. It is more manifested in a cold period, when a person leaves warm places in the frost, "said Davydov.
The elderly may also have dysfunction of the muscles of the eyelids, when the condition of the fabrics and blood vessels deteriorates due to natural age changes. At the same time, various eye pathologies are developing, including a loose fit of the tear point. And the annoying factor in the form of a cold or a strong wind causes reinforced tear.
"Dry eye" office workers
"Dry eye syndrome" may be associated with professional activities. In the office, a person spends many hours, and this is conditioned air, and intense visual load. As a result, the dry eye syndrome may occur. And in the cold this phenomenon may increase, "the expert explained.
Some people suffer from allergies to the cold - this is the so-called cold conjunctivitis. Allergic reaction is usually accompanied not only by tearing, but also itching, hyperemia (redness) of the mucous membrane of the eye and eyelids.
Women are allergic and cosmetics. In the cold, wind and in the bright sun, an irritating effect from a component of a cosmetic product will also cause abundant tearing.
Tears - a sign of hidden infections
"Some hidden problems are exacerbated in the cold, tearing arises. A person should not be neglected by such signals, it must be accessed to the doctor, - reminds Dmitry Davydov - an ophthalmologist will identify the exact diagnosis. And only after that will appoint an appropriate type of treatment. The doctor watches the forefront, evaluates the state of the cornea, the limbal zone, conjunctiva, eyelids. It is possible that a person has a bacterial or viral infection, and in the elderly there may be mite manifestations in the form of demodex. The doctor will not work professionally, in which the root cause of patient complaints. "
Also, tearing in the frost can be caused by ARVI. This is due to the connection of the nasal canals with the nasal cavity. Therefore, during various colds (flu, angina, ARVI and ORZ), the swelling of the nasal mucosa increases and the amount of tears increases.
Avitaminosis can also lead to tear. Lack of vitamins, micro and macroelements affects eye health. They are "weakening" and cannot quickly adapt to environmental change - frost and wind.
Thus, the main thing is to pay attention to the appearance of tears in the cold, - how long tears flow. If they pass in a few minutes of staying in the cold, there are no reasons for concern, it is just a protective reaction of the eyes, which adapt to external weather conditions. But if the tears flow constantly not only on the street, but also in the room, you need to find out the reason and consult a doctor-ophthalmologist.